"A model of clarity in a field that rarely has any."
– Ralph Caplan, legendary design author
"I've shared Brand Identity Essentials with many at Amway to help them understand the critical role of design in brand-building. It's one of the best books I've seen on creating brand identity: harnessing the power of color, shape, pattern and other design components to create visual symbols for brands."
– Candace Matthews, Chief Market Officer, Amway
"Among a sea of brand identity literature, Brand Identity Essentials stands out through its organization, creativity, and practical explanations of design principles. Great for professionals, students, visual junkies, and brand managers."
Design terms are too often used inconsistently, leading to confusion for designers as well as clients. Contrary to common usage, the words "logo," "identity," and "brand" are not interchangeable.
Brand Identity Essentials lays a foundation for brand-building, defining the tools and building blocks, and illustrating the construction of strong brands through examples of world-class design.
- A one-stop reference for connecting visual design elements for logos to branding concepts.
- Explores S/M/L (small, medium, and large) dynamics of identity design: graphic identities, identity programs, brand identities.
- Demonstrates core identity design principles through a clear organizational structure and a variety of sources and examples.
Brand Identity Essentials celebrates well-executed brand programs as well as really great marks.
Read the introduction >